CBD products starts from a marijuana strain with a high level of CBD. These products are then processed to create a resinous oil. Different methods can then be used to extract the THC, and other cannabinoid compounds, leaving a pure CBD oil.
CBD products include:
- Marijuana or weed strains with high CBD levels. Some strains are bred for high CBD counts and others for a combination of CBD and THC.
- Vape Oil Cartridges work with special liquid-ready vapes so that you can inhale CBD oil into your lungs. The effects work quite quickly.
- Capsules and many medical marijuana products for treating specific conditions have moved towards capsules which are convenient and consistent. This method can take 30 minutes or more to work.
- Edibles like candies and baked goods can deliver CBD just as well as they can THC. Getting the dosing right on these can be more difficult, though, but they are long-lasting.
- Tincture Drops are dissolved in a liquid and designed to be placed under the tongue. Can be a bit messy, but it is one of the most potent and pure ways to consume CBD oil.
- Sublingual Sprays are sprayed under the tongue, making them slightly more convenient and less-messy than drops. They are usually less concentrated.
- Topicals can be bought in creams, cosmetics, and patches and the skin soaks in CBD directly. This form is best for pain, arthritis, and inflammation.
Using CBD Products & Oil in Canada
Most people advise to try the smallest dose possible at first, and then wait three to four hours before trying another, heavier dose. By experimenting with dosage, you can find the amount you need and a dosing routine that is right for you. Try to consume CBD on a partially full stomach.